Friday 12 March 2010

Friday - DIY-Day!!! Make yourself a modern Pendant Light !

Now im sure you've seen this popular yet surprisingly expensive light cover elsewhere:


Listed for a starting price of $587 (that's £387 to us brits!) for a small pendant cover upto a staggering $1,127 (£748) for a large one at DesignWithinReach - I don't know about you but that is certainly not Design Within Reach of my wallet. I'm pretty certain I could redo a large chunk of my house at that price.

however fear not, the lovely people over at: www.eHow.com have made this article HERE:

The basics are this really:
  • Get an inflated balloon at the requied size.
  • Get String, Yarn, Hemp (any of which you could dye for a more striking piece) and a whole lot of p.v.a glue
  • attach the string in a criss-cross pattern making sure to leave plenty of gaps for light to escape and create interesting patterns across your room.
  • allow to dry
  • cut holes if there isn't enough useful light.
Interesting changes to it could be to dramatically alter the lamps sillhouete by maybe cutting a quarter of the shade off at a diagonal to allow my focused areas of light. Also you could cut different shapes (rather than the ubiquitous circle) to allow light to flood out.

so simple my little neice could help do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment